Stuffed Cheddar Burger
- 8 oz. Ground Beef 80/20
- 1 slice Sharp Cheddar
- 1 slice American Cheese
- 1/4 tsp. Coarse Salt
- 1/8 tsp. Black Pepper, ground
- 1 ea. Hamburger Bun
- 1 Tbl.Butter, melted
- 1/4 tsp Coarse Salt
- 1/8 tsp Black Pepper, ground
- 1 Tbl. Thousand Island Dressing
- 1/2 oz Iceberg Lettuce, sliced thin
- 1 slice Tomato
- 5 ea. Dill Pickle Chips
- 1-1/2 oz. Caramelized Onions, warm (Plenty of great recipes can be found online)
Procedure for stuffing burger patty:
- Place plastic wrap onto a clean work surface.
- Mound the ground beef onto the center of the plastic wrap.
- Place another piece of plastic wrap over the mound
- Use a flat-bottomed pan or pot to press the meat out into a patty approximately 8” in diameter.
- Remove the top piece of plastic wrap.
- Place the cheese slices, stacked onto the patty. Break off the corners of the cheese and place onto the rounded slices.
- Carefully fold the excess meat over the cheeses covering it completely.
- Use the plastic wrap to help fold the meat over the cheese and press to form a patty.
- Repeat the process as needed (if making more than 1) and wrap the patties individually in plastic to store.
- Let the patties rest under refrigeration for at least 30 minutes prior to cooking and up to 24 hours.
- Place the prepped stuffed cheddar burger patty onto the grill and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 2 minutes then turn the burger 45° to mark and cook an additional 2 minutes.
- Brush the melted butter onto the cut sides of the bun and place (cut side down) onto a gridle or non-stick pan to toast approx. 30-60 seconds.
- Remove the bun and set aside until needed.
- Flip the burger over and cook 2 minutes. Turn the burger 45° to mark and continue to cook 2 minutes.
- Season the burger with salt and pepper just before removing it from the grill.
- Spread the 1000 island evenly over the bottom.
- Mound the iceberg lettuce onto the bottom bun. Top with the tomato slice and pickle chips.
- Set the burger on top of the pickle chips.
- Mound the warm onions evenly onto the burger.
- Place the top bun onto the burger and enjoy!
- Be careful, the cheese in the center will be very hot! We like to cut the burger in half to enjoy the cheese-filled fun!