Spicy Shrimp Pasta
- 8 oz. Rigatoni Pasta, dry
- 1 tsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 8 ea. Shrimp 16/20 ct., peeled, deveined
- 1/2 tsp. Kosher Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Black Pepper, ground
- 2 ea. Roma Tomatoes
- 1/8 tsp. Granulated Sugar
- ¼ tsp. Kosher Salt
- 1/8 tsp. Black Pepper, ground
- 1/8 tsp. Crushed Red Chili Flakes (add more if you like it very spicy!)
- 2 Tbsp. Chopped Cherry Peppers, sweet and hot, store-bought
- ¼ cup White Wine
- 1-1/2 cup Tomato Pasta Sauce*
- ¼ cup Cherry Tomatoes, canned
- 2 Tbsp. Parmesan Cheese, finely grated
- ¼ cup Basil Leaves
- 2 Tbsp. Butter
- 1 tsp. Parsley
- Drop the rigatoni pasta into boiling, salted water and cook until al dente. Drain Well.
- Heat the extra virgin olive oil to a light sizzle in a large non-stick sauté pan set over medium-high heat.
- Cut each shrimp in half lengthwise. Season the shrimp pieces with salt and pepper, tossing to incorporate.
- Place the shrimp into the pan and cook until half done (1 minute).
- Dice the roma tomatoes into ½” pieces and season the tomatoes with sugar, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- Add the crushed red chili flakes and the chopped cherry peppers into the pan. Pour the white wine into the pan to deglaze. Allow the white wine to reduce by half. Then, add the tomato sauce and cherry tomatoes. Cook until the sauce is hot.
- Add the diced roma tomatoes and the cooked rigatoni pasta into the sauce. Then, add the parmesan cheese and butter into the pan. Tear the basil into smaller pieces and add to the pasta sauce. Stir until the parmesan cheese and butter are well incorporated into the sauce.
- Place the pasta into your favorite serving dish and ENJOY!
*Use your favorite recipe or high-quality store-bought pasta sauce.