Cinnamon Roll Pancakes
Servings: 4 (2 pancakes each)
- 1-3/4 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Tbl Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 2 cups Buttermilk
- 2 ea. Eggs
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- 2 Tbls. Vegetable Oil
- 2 tsps. Vegetable Oil
- 1 cup Cinnamon Swirl
- ½ cup Vanilla Icing
- Powdered Sugar (optional)
- Place the flour, baking powder and salt into a mixing bowl. Stir all of the ingredients together until evenly combined. Set aside.
- Pour the buttermilk into another mixing bowl. Add the eggs, vanilla and oil into the bowl.
- Add the flour mix into the bowl with the buttermilk. Continue to fold the ingredients together until evenly combined with a few small lumps remaining in the batter. Do not over mix the batter.
- Heat 1/4 tsp. of vegetable oil on a griddle or in a large non-stick pan. Using a 4 oz. ladle, pour the batter onto the griddle or into the non-stick pan, forming one pancake that is 6” in diameter.
- Drizzle equal amounts of cinnamon swirl onto each pancake in a spiral motion.
- Cook the pancakes for approximately 2-1/2 minutes or until the edges begin to dry and puff up with little air bubbles will start appearing over the top surface of the pancakes.
- Flip each pancake over and continue to cook for another 1-1/2 minutes or until done.
- Place two pancakes onto each serving plate. Drizzle the vanilla icing and sprinkle the powdered sugar over each stack of pancakes.
*Vanilla Icing is available at most major grocery stores.
Yield: 1 cup
- 3 Tbls. Butter
- 5 oz. Brown Sugar
- ¾ tsp. Cinnamon
- 1 Tbl. Cream
- Melt the butter in a small pot. Add the brown sugar and cinnamon into the pot and cook until the sugar melts.
- Add the cream into the pot and whisk to incorporate.