First and foremost, we want to express our sincere concern for everyone who has been impacted by
the coronavirus (COVID-19).
For more than 40 years The Cheesecake Factory has been dedicated to genuine hospitality and taking
great care of our people so they can take great care of you. The health and wellbeing of our staff
members and guests is our top priority and has been our guiding principle throughout this
We are following all local service guidelines and are open for dine-in in most of our restaurants, while
some of our locations are currently open for take-out and delivery service only. We are looking forward
to continuing to serve you during this time whether it’s for dine-in, take-out, or delivery, and wanted
to share with you some of the actions we are taking to ensure your continued safety.
We are continually evolving our efforts to ensure the highest levels of sanitation and safety and have implemented the following in our dining rooms in addition to all safety procedures currently in place for our take-out and delivery service:
- We are in the process of installing additional air purification to our already best-in-class system in our restaurants. This new system uses Bi-Polar ionization which creates positive and negative ions to actively clean the air as it passes through the building’s systems, killing bacteria and viruses, and reducing allergens and airborne particles without creating ozone or any harmful biproducts. Third party laboratory testing has shown that the iWave® air purifiers can effectively reduce pathogens including SARS-CoV-2, the cause of COVID-19.
Additionally, we are:
- Reconfiguring seating in the dining room, patio and bar to meet social distancing guidelines; Additionally, we are in the process of adding partitions between booths and patio tables wherever possible
- Using floor decals to remind guests in our lobby and bakery areas to keep to social distancing protocols
- Having dedicated staff through every meal period solely responsible to sanitize all high contact areas
- Continuing wellness checks of all staff members before each shift, including temperature checks with a thermometer
- Providing all staff and managers in our dining rooms and kitchens with personal protective equipment, including masks and gloves
- Reinforcing staff handwashing routinely
- Having hand sanitizer available in our lobbies and restrooms for guests
- Making reservations available through Yelp
- Using text paging to allow guests to wait outside of the restaurant without using a pager
- Providing a QR code for guests to scan to access a digital menu on their mobile device should they prefer not to use one of our sanitized menus
- Not presetting any tables
- Providing takeout containers for guests who prefer to wrap their own leftovers
- Allowing for contactless mobile payment at the table with the guest’s personal device
- Sanitizing pens after guest use
These are just some of the changes we are making to protect your safety while at the same time providing the hospitality and delicious memorable food you’ve come to expect from us.
In addition to continuing to maintain our high level of cleanliness and sanitation practices, we are taking extra precautions to help ensure a safe experience when picking up take-out orders from our restaurants. This includes:
- Ensuring that our teams have the information they need to remain healthy and instructing them to stay home if they’re not feeling well
- Ensuring proper social distancing is maintained; This includes increasing the distance between our guests and cashiers to minimize contact, and placing markings on our floors to help guests distance themselves from others
- Cleaning and sanitizing all cashier counter surfaces, pens and pagers after each use
- Positioning our credit card machines so that guests may swipe their own credit cards without staff assistance
- Requiring staff members to wear gloves when handling food and/or take-out orders
- Constant handwashing
- Transitioning to wrapped utensils for those guests who request utensils
- Cleaning and sanitizing all door handles throughout the day, and leaving front doors propped open (where allowed) to minimize contact
Helpful hints to minimize contact:
- Order online and pay ahead (saves you time and significantly minimizes contact)
- Select our “Curbside Order Option” when ordering online or tell us when phoning in your order; you don’t even have to get out your car—it’s like our drive thru
We are taking extra precautions to help ensure that your delivery order gets to your door safely. This includes:
- Sealing the outermost packaging to ensure that there is no contact with your food from the kitchen to your door
- Transitioning to wrapped utensils for delivery orders for those guests who request utensils (However, if you don’t need utensils, there is an option to decline them in the order process.)
- Ensuring that Dashers maintain social distancing when picking up orders from our restaurants
Our delivery provider DoorDash has implemented the following:
- Orders will automatically default to the no-contact option, "Leave it at my door." You can also leave additional details about the drop-off location, such as "Leave next to the plant" to help your Dasher.
- They are offering hand sanitizer and gloves to Dashers
- They are also in direct communication with health experts regarding best practices
We have been following the guidance of the CDC and our local health departments and will continue to do so throughout this evolving situation.
We encourage you to stay healthy and we look forward to serving you soon.
David M. Gordon