Servings: 20 rolls
- 3 oz. Béchamel Sauce*
- 1/4 cup Dill Pickles, minced
- 1-1/2 oz. Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 2 Tbls. Yellow Mustard
- 2 Tbls. Parsley, chopped
- 2 tsps. Kosher Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Black Pepper, ground
- 2-1/4 lbs. Pork Shoulder, braised, shredded 1/2” pieces*
- 12 oz. Swiss Cheese, grated
- 6 oz. Ham, cut into small, thin strips
- 20 ea. Lumpia Wrapper (large round)**
- As Needed Egg Wash (2 eggs + 2 Tbls. water mixed together)
- As Needed Cornstarch
- As Needed Sweet Mustard Sauce (see our recipe below)
- Place the béchamel sauce, dill pickles, parmesan cheese, mustard, chopped parsley, salt and pepper into a mixing bowl, gently folding to incorporate with a rubber spatula.
- Add the shredded pork shoulder, Swiss cheese and ham into the bowl, gently folding to incorporate with a rubber spatula.
- Lay several of the lumpia wrappers onto a clean dry work surface. Cover the remaining wrappers with plastic wrap until needed.
- Brush 1" of the top edge with egg wash. Place a 1-1/2 oz. portion of the mix onto the center of each wrapper.
- Tightly bring the bottom edge of the wrapper up and over the filling. Fold both sides of the wrapper in and over the filling and gently roll upward like a “burrito.” The finished roll should be about 4-1/2” long and 1” wide. Lightly dust the outside of the rolls with cornstarch.
- Fry the rolls (a few at a time) in “deep” oil set at a temperature of approximately 350° (F) for 5 minutes or until golden brown and crispy. Remove any excess oil from the cooked rolls.
- Serve the Crispy Cuban Rolls with Sweet Mustard Sauce on the side.
*Recipes are readily available in books , magazines, and on the internet. Some may also be available as fully prepared products and purchased at a number of different grocery and specialty stores.
**Available at most markets specializing in Asian cuisine.
Sweet Mustard Sauce
Yields: 2 1/2 Cups
- 1-1/2 cups Mayonnaise
- 3 Tbls. Sugar
- 2 Tbls. White Vinegar
- 1/2 cup Whole Grain Mustard
- 1 oz. Dijon Mustard
- 1 oz. Yellow Mustard
View More Recipes
- Place all of the ingredients into a mixing bowl and stir together until thoroughly and evenly combined.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.