- 2 slices Multi-Grain Bread*
- 4 tsps. Clarified Butter**
- 2 oz. Mozzarella Cheese, grated
- 2 oz. Fontina Cheese, grated
- 1/2 oz. Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 3/4 oz. Red and Yellow Peppers, roasted, diced ½”**
- 3/4 oz. Kale & Garlic, sautéed (see our recipe below)
- 3/4 oz. Artichoke Hearts, roasted, diced ½”**
- 3/4 oz. Roma Tomatoes, roasted, diced ½”**
- Pinch Kosher Salt
- Pinch Black Pepper, ground
- 1/2 ea. Avocado (small)
- 1 oz. Herbed Goat Cheese, ¼” to ½” pieces**
- Brush one side of each slice of bread with clarified butter and place (buttered side down side down) onto a flat grill or into a large pan set over medium high heat.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella, fontina and parmesan cheeses evenly over each slice of bread. Continue to cook until the cheese has melted and the bread has become evenly browned and crispy.
- While the bread is grilling, place the red and yellow peppers, garlic sautéed kale, roasted artichoke hearts and oven roasted roma tomatoes into a mixing bowl and season with salt and pepper. Warm the vegetable mixture in a hot oven, the microwave or other appropriate appliance until heated through (approximately 2 minutes).
- Remove the bread from the grill or pan and place onto a clean cutting board. Sprinkle the warm vegetable mixture evenly over one slice of bread.
- Sprinkle the avocado pieces evenly over the vegetables.
- Sprinkle the herbed goat cheese pieces evenly over the vegetables and avocado. To complete the sandwich place the remaining slice of bread (cheese side down) on top of the vegetables, avocado and goat cheese.
- Cut the whole sandwich in half from corner to corner (diagonally).
*Any wheat or whole-grain bread of your choice will work fine with this recipe.
**These special ingredients can be founded in the prepared food sections of most major supermarkets.
Kale & Garlic Sautéed
Yield: 6 oz.
- 1 Tbl. Olive Oil
- 8 oz. Kale, sliced thin
- 1 Tbl. Garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. Kosher Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Black Pepper, ground
- 1/4 cup Water
View More Recipes
- Heat the olive oil in a sauté pan set over medium-high heat.
- Add the kale into the pan and cook until tender and heated throughout, stirring occasionally to prevent burning.
- Add the garlic, salt and pepper evenly into the pan, stirring and tossing to incorporate. Continue to cook for about 30 seconds.
- Drizzle the water into the pan and continue to cook until all of the water has evaporated.
- Remove the kale from the pan and allow to cool.
- Transfer into a storage container.
- Cover and store under refrigeration.